Designer Chic Upholstered Wall Panels
|Call Toll Free:
Deck Decorating Ideas
In this issue we will discuss ideas on how to spruce up your outdoor deck.
Your deck should accommodate different aspects of your lifestyle, including entertainment, relaxation, and places
where the children can play.
Think in terms of how you can organize your deck space into separate areas for your different needs. Create a
sheltered nook for a quiet hideaway by using decorative screens, trellises, or planters.
If you are building a deck from scratch, consider a multi-layered design if you have the space. If that is not feasible,
changing the direction of the deck boards is an easy approach to visually carving out a separate space.
Using different stain colours to designate where one area begins and another ends is a great way to define space for
both new and existing decks.
You can incorporate deck colour to coordinate the transition from your home's interior to the outdoors, and as a
decorative element to create visual impact.
Benjamin Moore carries a complete line of stains, including transparent, semi-transparent, and solid colour stains.
Here are some illuminating ideas to keep you entertaining regardless of the hour:
awnings and umbrellas
- Candles - from large stand-alone pillars to clusters of tiny tea lights
- Lanterns - hurricane, paper, or glass
- String lights - wrap them around nearby trees (including any potted ones on the deck), deck railings, or along
guidelines before using one)
- Chimeneas - these small outdoor fireplaces are a great source for light and heat (check your local municipality
- Solar lighting- place them along steps and entryways for safe stepping
Make your deck a living space that speaks to who you really are. Here are some themes and accompanying decorative
elements to get you started on creative ideas for your deck.
Create your own oasis with a deck that both looks out onto nature's beauty and incorporates it into the area's overall
- Vine-covered trellises
- Rose-capped pergolas
- Benches with side planters
- Container gardens (do one of each: flower, herb, and vegetable)
- Potted trees
- Table-top fountains
- Half-barrel water gardens
- Wind chimes
The deck is the perfect place for any party. The star-filled sky or a breathtaking sunset adds an ambiance that's
unmatched by anything indoors.
Depending upon your region's climate, the deck can be a seasonal spot for special occasions or a year-round venue
where every gathering is enjoyed.
- Multi-level decks with designated areas for cooking and dining
- Built-in seating with flexibility for two or twenty
- Professional-grade grills and outdoor ovens for serving up a summer barbeque or a Thanksgiving turkey
The deck can be the ideal playroom for children, stirring their innate curiosity of the natural world around them. It can
hone their imaginations, while keeping sticky fingerprints and messy snack foods outside.
- Waterproof toy boxes
- Arts and crafts tables sized for your kids
- Waterproof bean bag chairs for story time
- Easy access to a telescope for stargazing, binoculars for bird watching or a magnifying lens for bug exploring
- Sandbox on wheels
Your outdoor space can easily be transformed to suit your personality and taste. Remember to add those things that
you love to the space and you truly will enjoy time in it.
Good luck in your outdoor decorating projects this season!
Made in Canada
|I hope that you have enjoyed your Newsletter and have benefited from the information provided.
Please feel free to pass this information along to your friends and family members to also help them with their interior décor projects.
We also invite you to browse our website. We have a great selection of upholstered wall panels that can work in any decor.
We welcome your comments and suggestions and hope that you enjoy this great summer season.
Connie Beland / Owner
If you enjoyed receiving our Design Newsletter or special offer notices, please tell your friends and co-workers. They can sign
up by sending a blank email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting our website and submitting their information
online. Be sure to whitelist our websites above Upholsteredwallhuggers.com to make sure your copy does not get thrown in
your junk mail folder.